ANNOUNCING OUR 2015 TIDE CALENDAR WINNERS!
The Taunton River Watershed Alliance (TRWA) is pleased to announce the release of its Annual Taunton River Tide calendar. For a fifth year in a row, the TRWA has published a yearly calendar with tidal data for the Taunton River along with the winning images of the TRWA’s Calendar Photography Contest.
This year the calendar features the work of 30 area photographers and nature enthusiasts, 6 of who are teen photographers. Pictures are of the wild life and scenery within the Taunton River Watershed, 562 square miles in all of or part of 43 Southeastern Massachusetts cities and towns.
This year’s winners are:
Ron Tomawski, from Berkley, MA – Cover Image “Male Common Loon on Taunton River”
& May Image: “Bluebird Feeding Baby”
John W. Swale III, from Taunton, MA – January Image: “Enjoying a Paddle After the Storm”
Ellen Hansen, from Taunton, MA – February Image: “Winter Fun”
David Ennis, from Berkley, MA – March Image: “Sunset at Low Tide – Berkley Bridge Village Heritage Park”
Mark Genovese, from Taunton, MA – April Image: “Oliver Mill Spring Time”
Georgia E. Hamlin, from Taunton, MA – June Image: “View From Gardiner Street”
Sarah Keates, from Sharon, MA - “Catch of the Day”
Michael A. Walsh, from Taunton, MA – September Image: “Sunset over the Nip,”
Bernard Creswick, from Raynham, MA – October Image: “Hewitt Pond”
Ruth Douillette, from Bridgewater, MA – November Image: “White-tailed Deer”
Deborah Sharples DeCambria, from Somerset, MA – December Image: “Winter Along the Taunton River”
The July Image features the TRWA’s Teen Photographer Showcase with the following photographers and images:
Daniella Barton, from New Bedford, MA - “Morning Glories”
Rina Kirsch, from Middleborough, MA - “Butterfly”
Ryan LaCivita, from Bridgewater, MA - “Black-Eyed Susan”
Anna O’Keefe, from Taunton, MA - “Downy Woodpecker”
Alysha Ras, from Fall River, MA - “Frog”
Madeleine Root, from Rochester, MA - “Toad Hiding”
The calendar also features the work of runner-up winners:
Jean M. Chisser; Sally Spooner; Virginia DePina; Bernadette Banville; Bernice Morrissey; Graham Watson; Relita Genovese; Mark F. Oliveira; Raul Ras; Gary Andre; Patty Norris; Cheryl Aguiar
For a limited time only, while supplies last, calendars are on sale for $15 at Readmore Books, Taunton and Slip’s Capeway Marine, Raynham (See below for links to their stores.). Calendars are always available print-on-demand through the Calendarlink website. The TRWA is excited to use all the options of this new technology. The print-on-demand calendars can be printed from any month in the year with the tide data from the Taunton River or any other of the 3,500 NOAA tide stations. People purchasing the calendar can even customize their calendar with their own photographs. Half the proceeds from the online $19.99 purchase price goes directly to the TRWA to support its ongoing mission protecting and restoring the Taunton River watershed, its tributaries, wetlands, floodplains, river corridors and wildlife.
The TRWA will be publishing another calendar in 2016 and the submission period for that calendar contest is now open. Please scroll down for 2016 submission guidelines.
How to purchase your copy of the 2015 TRWA Taunton River Tide Calendar
1. Visit one of our gracious retail sponsors and purchase a copy in their shop. Reamore Books is located at 330 Winthrop Street, Taunton, and Slip's Capeway Marine is located at 747 Hill Street, Raynham. The TRWA River Center office at the Gertrude Boyden Wildlife Refuge, 1298 Cohannet St., Taunton, MA also has copies available. Please call first before stopping by 508-828-1101, office hours are limited. For a short time, while supplies last, copies at these three locations cost $15 apiece.
2. Purchase a copy online. The print-on-demand website can print your custom calendar starting with any month in the year! You can change the tide stations to send it to friends and family across the country, you can even put in your own photographs. To walk you through the order, we've created a .pdf instruction sheet. Online copies cost $19.99, price includes shipping and handling. $10 of that cost goes directly to the TRWA.
Order your copy online today by Clicking on the link below or visiting http://www.calendarlink.org/trwa/jome.html!
Need help with the online order? For step by step ordering instructions, click here for a printable .pdf sheet.
Enter Our 2016 Photography Contest!
The 2016 contest is open to all, amateur and professional, young and old. Photographs must be of wild life, scenery, or recreational activities TAKEN WITHIN the Taunton River Watershed related to water use and conservation in the watershed. Photographs must be taken within the last five years and must be the sole property of the submitting party. For a list of the communities within the Taunton River watershed, click here.
- Photographs must be submitted in electronic format (must be a .jpg or .tif or .RAW file.) Unfortunately, our volunteers do not have the time to scan photos taken with film.
- Because of the high quality printing process, we can only use hi-resolution files (Shoot the photos on the HIGHEST image resolution and LARGEST file size that your digital camera has.) The actual image size when printed out should be no smaller than 10 x 8 inches (pixel dimensions 3000 x 2400). Image resolution should be 300 dpi or greater. ***File size should be 1MB or greater***. If you have any questions, e-mail the TRWA offices for more information.
- Photos with a landscape orientation are preferred over portrait orientation. Seasonal shots are encouraged.
Deadline for image submission HAS BEEN CHANGED. Please note, submissions are now due by midnight July 15, 2015.
Click here for a downloadable .pdf file of the contest submission guidelines and release form. For more information, call the TRWA at (508) 828-1101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mail or drop off files saved on a CD-Rom with a signed entry form to:
Mailing address: Drop off Address (do not mail to!):
Taunton River Watershed Alliance Taunton River Watershed Alliance
Calendar Contest At the Gertrude Boyden Wildlife Sanctuary
P.O. Box 1116 1298 Cohannet Street, Taunton, MA
Taunton, MA 02780
Files can be e-mailed to the office as long as a submission guideline & release form is faxed or mailed in. Please call or e-mail the office first to double check the address and receive further instructions (i.e. send the files individually - not all in one e-mail, etc.).